Friday, November 20, 2009

One last plug for Story Slam

I'll be reading some of my work tonight at Story Slam! Charlotte on Central Avenue, along with fellow writers John Hartness, Iesha Hoffman and Steve Stoeckel. You might know Steve as a member of the legendary Spongetones, but he's also a great writer.

I'm not sure how many pieces I'll be reading -- it depends on how the rest of the night goes, but I'm thinking two or three. I'm bringing a few columns and at least one piece that's not from the Observer. That piece requires a little music, and I'll have the great honor of having Steve serve as my backing band for that one. So if you don't like the story, at least the music will be good. And don't worry, I won't sing. You don't want to hear me sing.

There's beer, wine and soft drinks at the venue, plus a bunch of great restaurants within walking distance. Come early, have some dinner, make a night of it. Show starts at 8. The Story Slam! website has more details. Holler if you have any questions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No post should go commentless.

So Tommy Boy .... the link the Observer is still charlotte.com of course that link is dead.

Anonymous said...

see you at story slam Tommy, you've convinced me to come.

looking fwd to it.

tommy tomlinson said...

Anon 12:42 -- you mean the link in the blogroll, right? Good catch on that -- I fixed the link.

Anonymous said...

情趣用品,跳蛋,情人趣味用品,愛爾蘭情趣,按摩棒,情人趣味愛蜜莉,情人趣味用品轉,性行為補給站,性行為,情趣商品

情趣用品,飛機杯,情趣用品,aio交友愛情館,自慰套,一葉情貼圖片區,一葉晴貼影片區,情趣用品店,情趣精品 


煙火

網頁設計


 

Anonymous said...

Legendary Spongetones? Huh?

Please ... Local yocals only who certainly sponge for sure ... good name for them though. Certainly not original. Certainly not big. Regional at best if that.