Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beauty in timelapse

The great Chris Jones of Esquire magazine shared this on Twitter yesterday... I doubt you'll see anything more beautiful all day. It's done by Josh Owens -- according to his Facebook page, he's originally from Columbia, S.C.

I've seen lots of timelapse photography, but I don't remember seeing any this gorgeous. Maybe it's the slow pans and scrolls within each timelapse. I wonder what a Charlotte version of this would look like.




NYC - Mindrelic Timelapse from Mindrelic on Vimeo.

By the way... does anybody know this song? UPDATE: It's "Down in the Cellar" by Dredg. Great tune.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

"Down to the Cellar" by Dredg.

Kathleen said...

Tommy, it is beautiful and reminds me of the Godfrey Reggio film, Koyaanitsqatsi, with score by Philip Glass. Rent it if you haven't seen it.