Monday, November 22, 2010

Back in the saddle

Real working people come back from vacation and start turning wrenches or toting trays or whatever it is they do to make a living. Guys like me come back and delete e-mails.

There were more than 800 waiting for me when I got to work this morning, including about 100 automatically generated e-mails telling me my e-mail basket was too full. Of course it would not be quite as full if I didn't have A HUNDRED FREAKING E-MAILS TELLING ME I HAVE TOO MANY E-MAILS.

The good news is, killing 800 e-mails (minus the three or four I actually want to read) has a wonderful... cleansing... effect, along the lines of eating a bushel of prunes.

So let's catch up. Since the last day I was at work:

-- The Panthers have lost three times with four different quarterbacks.
-- The American Music Award for artist of the year went to Justin Bieber.
-- And it appears that if you want to fly on an airplane now, you have to be inspected in a way formerly reserved for new inmates in federal prison.

Clearly, I should never take vacation again.

I'll see if I can get all this stuff fixed before Thanksgiving. In the meantime, it's good to be back. What's up with you? And have you seen the Harry Potter movie yet?

3 comments:

lkmnews said...

On the plus side... it's sure been a beautiful autumn 'round here.

Vickie Flowe said...

Most beautiful autumn I can remember - still gorgeous - hopes this means we have a not so brutal winter. Tommy - which books did you end up reading whil vacating?

Leslie Richardson said...

You make me laugh. I really needed that laugh today. Thanks.